- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
7 users online | 7 Guests and 0 Registered
A collection of articles for maintenance, proper display, safety tips, repair tutorials, practical guidance for safe back yard tameshigiri training & fun cutting and a whole lot more!
Page 2 out of 2 Pages
- A quick and practical sageo 'presentation' knot.
- How to toughen up the wrap on your tsuka
- How do you perform noto?
- I've damaged the edge of my sword, what should I do?
- Milk bottles as a cutting target
- What do I do with all these already cut bottles?
- Samurai Workshop - Batto - Sword Review
- What is tachikaze?
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri
- Sharpness of a Japanese sword
- Pulling muscles, Suburi and why you need a non-sharp sword
- The quick and dirty low down on cutting newspaper
- Nukitsuke (cutting while drawing)
- Can my katana break?
- Should I choose a zinc aluminium or steel Iaito?
- Should I train with iaito or shinken?
- Which length tsuka do I need?
- How is the length of a sword measured?
- Which length sword do I need?
- Does my blade need one or two mekugi pins?
- My tsuka is getting loose, can I fill up the space with a seppa-shaped piece of carton?
- How do I put on my Kaku Obi?
- Maintenance of your Japanese samurai sword
- What is the Ura and Omote side of a tsuka?
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (87772 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60998 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (60469 views)
- Buying a iaito (48095 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (40940 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (35942 views)
- Dotanuki (34384 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (31192 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29997 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (26507 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)