- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
3 users online | 3 Guests and 0 Registered
A collection of articles for maintenance, proper display, safety tips, repair tutorials, practical guidance for safe back yard tameshigiri training & fun cutting and a whole lot more!
Page 1 out of 2 Pages
- Buying a iaito
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka
- What is Shobu Zukuri?
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any performance benefits?
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters?
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration.
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still remaining a Backyard cutter.
- Stopping distance training
- How to tie your Obi
- Why do people use aluminum training swords?
- Cleaning your sword after use
- Nukitsuke from another angle
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana
- The Upward Diagonal Cut revisited
- What is Fumbari?
- Is it ok to go the cheap route when it comes to swords?
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One.
- Measurements.. Shaku, Sun, bu?
- The Suburito, an incredibly useful tool to strengthen arm muscles.
- How to fix a rattling tsuba
- What should I use for a cutting stand?
- More on Noto
- Chip and slice, a light hearted way to train tracking
- How do I fix my loose saya?
- What is a fake hamon?
- What is acid etching?
- How do I acid etch my blade?
- I've run out of choji oil! What should I do?
- Are there any advantages to folded, laminated or so called "clay tempered" blades?
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (78195 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60383 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (57529 views)
- Buying a iaito (45909 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (36347 views)
- Dotanuki (33375 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (33360 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29573 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (28813 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (24782 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)