- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
4 users online | 4 Guests and 0 Registered
- Are there any advantages to folded, laminated or so called "clay tempered" blades?
I've touched on this before when I went over the basic criteria you're looking for in a sword for cutting exercises but I think maybe ...
- A quick and practical sageo 'presentation' knot.
There are lots of presentation knots out there but many of them are unreasonably complex for day to day use. Dont get me wrong, they ...
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana
A dull blade is annoying and can even be dangerous but many people are far too scared to reprofile, retouch or even simply cosmetically polish ...
- Asayama Ichiden Ryu
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters?
I think that when something sounds exotic, people instantly get the impression that its better because of its exoticness. Like that because it takes more ...
- About signatures / mei
In Japanese sword terminology; 'mei' is most commonly used to refer to a sword's signature. However, in Japanese craftsmanship it is more than common for ...
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (85940 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60852 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (59278 views)
- Buying a iaito (47732 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (39679 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (35199 views)
- Dotanuki (34147 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (30524 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29890 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (26097 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)