- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
32 users online | 32 Guests and 0 Registered
- Does my blade need one or two mekugi pins?
Authentic Japanese swords were equipped with only one pin. This should be enough if the handle has been made properly (with maximum friction around the ...
- Did samurai wear gloves?
Some time ago I received a question why dashi-same sword handles exist. The term dashi-same is used when a Japanese sword handle is NOT wrapped ...
A thing that appeals to many is that the Japanese sword really knows unlimited variations. So even while we leave the sword mounting out of ...
- Double cuts - Getting started
Double cuts can be plain and simply, bloody daunting to look at. The speed the cuts have to be made at, the sudden changes in direction, ...
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any performance benefits?
Ok, so before I get started, this is just a little food for thought and it's only my opinion but I have read a lot ...
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (85940 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60852 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (59279 views)
- Buying a iaito (47732 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (39679 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (35199 views)
- Dotanuki (34147 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (30525 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29891 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (26097 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)