- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
7 users online | 7 Guests and 0 Registered
- Introduction to the history of Budo
Kamakura Period 1185 - 1333In this period, the power falls in hands of the samurai with their shōgun as their lord. With this, a feodal ...
- Introduction to colors on Japanese swords
originally pictures by Unique Japan I'm sure we're all familiar of the term 'the land of the Rising Sun'.This immediately shows the importance of colors used ...
- I've run out of choji oil! What should I do?
Oh dear, you forgot to buy more Choji. It's not the first thing you consider adding to your sword related shopping list is it? First ...
- I've damaged the edge of my sword, what should I do?
With the amount of bodged cuts that we make when were learning it's fairly easy to see how on occassion we end up with a ...
- Is it ok to go the cheap route when it comes to swords?
Ok, well it's not like me to play down the value of a good bargain, I've lived in a financially 'tight' manner for many years. ...
- Ishiguro Ryu
meiji jingu Martial Arts Demonstration 2012 Ishiguro Ryu ...
- Ishiguro ryu
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (86013 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60863 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (59295 views)
- Buying a iaito (47748 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (39711 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (35223 views)
- Dotanuki (34159 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (30544 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29896 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (26108 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)