- University Home
- All categories
- Sword steel
- Sword furniture
- Japanese Sword Craftsmanship
- Samurai fighting arts (bujutsu)
- Samurai culture and customs
- Myths and beliefs
- Practical hints and guidance for sword owners
48 users online | 48 Guests and 0 Registered
- Maintenance of your Japanese samurai sword
Cleaning your katana, wakizashi, tanto or any other Japanese weapon is extremely important for its preservation. So to keep your sword in optimal condition it's ...
- My tsuka is getting loose, can I fill up the space with a seppa-shaped piece of carton?
While a piece of carton may work for a short period of time, check from time to time whether the you can add a brass ...
A correct ma-ai 间 合 (distance) between practitioners of a weapon art is one of the first concepts that grows in the practice of paired ...
- Milk bottles as a cutting target
Milk bottles are the usual target that people start with when they first pick up a sword and theres a reason for that, Theyre notoriously ...
- Multi skill training, taking breaks and how they can help
If you've ever been stuck in a rut before when trying to learn something new, it could be that the technique is slightly out of ...
- More on Noto
I wrote a quick article on noto a while ago and whilst reviewing some of my articles I bumped into it. It dawned on me ...
- Measurements.. Shaku, Sun, bu?
You may have seen the word shaku before, or maybe sun or bu whilst perusing swords on the internet. These terms aren't however exclusive to ...
- Meiji Jingu Martial Arts Demonstrations 2012 Highlights
Martial Arts demonstration at Meiji Jingu in Tokyo, Japan. November 3rd 2012 ...
- Morishige hojutsu pt 3
- Morishige Hojutsu pt 2
- Morishige Hojutsu
- Muso Shinden Ryu
- Mugen Shinto Ryu
- meiji jingu araki ryu
- Muso Shinden Ryu
- Muso Shinden Eishin Ryu
- Menuki on top of the tsukamaki - Uki menuki
Have a look at this lovely menuki that we've used on a very special custom sword, but more about that later :) Today is all ...
- A heads up on practical sharpening of your katana ... (79825 views)
- The open side upward diagonal cut - Problematic for ... (60540 views)
- Visual Glossary of the Japanese Sword (58153 views)
- Buying a iaito (46191 views)
- How do I display my katana or tachi? (37462 views)
- Training dual sword wielding - Part One. (34005 views)
- Dotanuki (33678 views)
- Double cuts - Getting started (29685 views)
- How the Japanese sword evolved into todays modern Katana ... (29423 views)
- Niku (hira-niku) and tameshigiri (25329 views)
- About signatures / mei (2015-08-21 13:04)
- Recognizing quality of a tsuka (2015-08-21 12:18)
- The Nekomata - (or Strange supernatural cat demons) (2015-02-03 11:55)
- What is Shobu Zukuri? (2015-01-22 00:25)
- What is Suriage? (2015-01-16 12:37)
- Higonokami (2015-01-15 22:31)
- Craftsmen of the Japanese sword (2014-11-26 20:09)
- Kata-te-Uchi (2014-11-18 22:45)
- Does the curvature of the katana really convey any ... (2014-11-12 17:01)
- Kogarasu Maru (2014-11-09 21:33)
- Cardboard tubes as an alternative target (2014-11-02 14:15)
- Are exotic folded steels better for cutters? (2014-11-02 14:14)
- The dangers of Nukitsuke and lapses of concentration. (2014-11-02 14:00)
- On taking some inspiration from Martial artists but still ... (2014-11-02 13:59)
- Stopping distance training (2014-11-02 13:54)